ENROLMENT IN THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAMME
Who can apply and what are the costs?
Students from Slovenia, other EU countries or countries which have signed a bilateral educational agreement with Slovenia (BIH, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia) are entitled to apply.
The tuition fee is free of charge.
However, students who are not from Maribor have to cover the dormitory accommodation costs by themselves (around €300,00 per month for accommodation, supervision and food) and additional costs (books, freshmen week, final excursion) of the programme in the amount of approximately €750,00 in two years. Expenses can be paid in instalments.
Students can choose between two halls of residence, DIJAŠKI DOM DRAVA and DIJAŠKI DOM LIZIKE JANČAR.
Additionally, in order to get a residence registration certificate, students from non-EU countries have to show proof of sufficient means of subsistence with an account with a bank or a savings bank in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad.
- age of 16 or 17 years at the time of enrolment;
- completion of second year of secondary school in the current school year (a four-year programme) with the final grade excellent or very good;
- excellent or very good final grades in the subjects Mother tongue, English and Mathematics;
- participation in extra-curricular activities in the fields of culture or sports or attendance in national and international knowledge competitions in the fields of Mathematics, languages, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, computer sciences or similar active involvement in research work.
Documents that need to be enclosed when applying
- printed out and signed online application form (The deadline was the 11th of March 2022) ,
- photocopy of the first year’s final certificate and English transcript of it (only if the document is not issued in Slovenia),
- second year’s report on candidate’s grades and English transcript of it (only if the document is not issued in Slovenia),
- certificates of participation and achievements in extra-curricular activities, knowledge competitions, music competitions or research work.
- photocopy of the passport
All the documents must be sent as a registered shipment to
II. gimnazija Maribor, Trg Miloša Zidanška 1, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
with “IB2022” specified on the envelope, the deadline being
11th of March 2022.
The final selection will be done after evaluating the candidates’ aptitude test results and after conducting the individual interviews with the candidates in April 2022. The students will be notified of the results in May 2022.